Sunday, February 15, 2009

Sunday after

+
I know it's selfish, but I'm almost crying because the funeral will take away my day of retreat. It's my job, it's what I do, it's what I'm called to do. Why is is so fr*king hard to get a day off? To get two days off in a row?

I probably feel this way since I just completed a 64 hour week - and that was with one night at home.

At this time last year I hit a wall. My blood pressure spiked, I snapped at people, had long weepy conversations, increased my meds - of all kinds. I promised myself that I would not get the Lent syndrome again.

Lent will be full and busy this year. That is why I had hoped to have my three days this next week. Now - hmm, I work on Friday, my day off, I probably write a sermon on Thursday, and Saturday - Saturday is still mine - all mine!

+

No comments: