Thursday, February 19, 2009

oh, the stupidity

+
This makes my blood boil and my blood pressure rise.

I take medication for my high blood pressure. We have tried various medications, up to and including ACE inhibitors. ACE inhibitors make me cough terribly. I take an ARB. It is the next step up. This is what has worked.

10 days ago I ordered a refill from my mail-order prescription place. Today I received a letter saying that I wouldn't be getting any prescription until my doctor fills out the explanation of why I take this instead of that. 1o days later they deny the prescription for what I've been taking for over 3 years.

This is not good for my high blood pressure.

The poor operator could do nothing. Could only say they tried to contact my doctor 8 days after the prescription was asked for. That was the day after they sent the denial letter. Yes, they denied this with a letter, even though they had my e-mail and my phone number. And used the phone number to assure me on day 3 that the prescription was on it's way.

I am pissed.

On top of my fuel pump failing and stranding me on the highway one hour before confirmation last night, and costing me big $$$ to get fixed.

On top of a staff person who writes in her last minute report to council that she can't talk to me. And another one who just says flat out won't do what in the job descriptioin.

And two funerals. And Lent.

My blood pressure is high.

Tonight bad TV and the cat on my lap.
+

No comments: