Thursday, January 1, 2009

the WORD and words

+
Actually sat down this p.m. and worked on my sermon. I know it's a holiday, but I'm not a parade or a football watcher - unless it's my team.

the sermon idea is about words and the WORD. How we use words to construct our worlds and in our sinful way, use words to hurt others. God's WORD, however, is love. Creation is love spoken out loud. How God in Christ was the WORD made flesh - not just to experience what we experience, but to empower our word-world away from fear and into love.

It reads a lot less confusing than that!

And I connect it with the Book of Faith initiative - which we haven's publicly done much with, and with all the Bible studies that have started up this year in our churches.

So ends a quiet afternoon. Cold and windy and snowy again.

I am making lamb stew. It's been so relaxing to be at home, to eat at home, to sit down and rest in the evening. I have taken the calendar for Jan and I have marked out all evenings over three or four and I am just not going to be available to work on those evenings. And I have picked out dates for retreat, too.
+

No comments: