Sunday, January 18, 2009

away, away

+
Got through Sunday after a long week. The sermon, posted below, didn't preach well, so I just jumped onto the trampoline and the Spirit let me bounce. I spoke about Philip and Nathanael as spiritual friends - Philip was trustworthy, spoke a true message, and met Nate where he was, and we can do that too.

Getting excited about alternative Lent. I confabbed with a friend on artsy options for confession/reflections. We would like to end up with an art object for each of the five weeks. And are thinking about have a sub-theme of using recylced materials - how can we use CDs, for instance, to create a cooperative cross?

One more week. Then it will be warm.

In one week we'll be in Florida. First a few days of vacation, then attending the Spiritual Care Summit. Aquila will be recognized for getting his certification - I have three workshops on grief. Fun. It was that or new age mysticism. I should have gone with the workshop on the spirituality of Disney.

D-place really doesn't sound that great to have the conference at. If you don't do the parks, what is there to do without a car? And the parks are expensive, and the restaurants are expensive and I don't need to shop.

Still - we're out of the snow-whipped tundra for a week and a half. sounds good to me - and to most of those I mention it to. But they are getting tired of having me mention it.
+

No comments: