Sunday, January 11, 2009

one of those Sundays

+
It was one of those Sundays.

To start with - although I went to bed early, sober and tired, i had my usual disturbed sleep, which was not helped when Aquila was called out at 1 p.m and didn't come home again. I was up at 5:30 and no sweetie. He arrived as I was leaving the house. A sad story about a drunk driver.

Got to the church and we just had tons of stuff to cover. Installation of staff and council, remembering baptisms of kids - and I had to located the candles and water, etc.. We are working with a difficult person, and he was actually not difficult today. The bulb was out on the projector. We underestimated the number at that service and didn't run enough song sheets.

I have a 10 item list of stuff to follow up on.

God's blessings do rain - one of those things is a request for a baptism for a 5th grader.

In the midst of all the sad news in the world - there is light.
+

No comments: