Thursday, December 18, 2008

getting a life

+
I am not going to complain. Too much work, too many hours, etc.
I want to complain. But I will not.

I have a day tomorrow to do my Christmas stuff. Cards, shopping, preparation.

I will sleep in. It will snow - but it's not the big one for us. I will try to take a mental break from work. From the funerals and the sermons (Sunday, Christmas Eve & Christmas Day). From the list of things that need to be prepared. I will look at my e-mail but will not answer anything (unless it is really, really time sensitive.)

I will read my Advent book, and my ordinary book. I will go e-shopping and grocery shopping. I will cook a really nice dinner, or we will go out for Mexican food. I will find a movie to watch at night. I will call and tease lil sis in Chi-town about the snow.

And I will unwind. Before Christmas. And I will be a better pastor because I have a life.

Real people have lives.
About time.
+

No comments: