Monday, November 17, 2008

so true!

+
At Savage Chickens this morning!

So True
www.savagechickens.com/2008/11/excellence-in-management-10.html

I used to work for Prod3000!
He was a senior Pastor!
He was always there before anyone else and I often heard - "I would have spoken to you about that but you weren't "in" yet."

At the same time he would go away every afternoon and no one could reach him after 12 noon. (I think he read too much Eugene Peterson and truly thought his call was to be thinking deeply for 4 hours every day. Of course, thinking deeply happened on the golf course and at the gym, etc.)

He would come back to the rest of us slug-a-beds, who had not been at work at 7 a.m., and throw out brilliant ideas and we would go - huh? where did that come from?
We were to be team players, but he was the only one with any ideas about the team. And I was the worst player, since I questioned him.

(I shouldn't be too hard on him - this does mean he was in the office for 5 to 6 hours a day. Just at times when no one else was there. And when he never needed to talk to others. Or let them know what he was thinking, planning, etc. It was all in the mystery, I guess.)
+

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

YIKES!!!!!!! I'm glad that you are no longer there!!!!!

Prisca said...

Yes, glad I'm not there. I also learned about lot about my own reactions - as do the chickens I'm sure.

I love Savage Chickens - I have an odd collection lined up behind my computer. I may be revealing a little too much angst in that line up.