Wednesday, November 26, 2008

little things and thankfulness

+
I could grouse about the continued series of little things that have gone wrong, that end up being something I have to explain. Since I do not throw others under the bus, I hem and haw while protecting my staff. But I am so tired of finding something new everyday.

At the same time I had the Thanksgiving services and my sermon had the point that one can find thankfulness where 'the world' sees only complaint.

so. . .
I am thankful my attachments are being stripped off my e-mail messages, because it means I have a computer.
I am thankful that the mistakes made are only for this week, because next week is a new set of problems.
I am thankful that I have someone else to protect, because it means I have others working with me.

I am thankful I have a 5 hour drive tomorrow, because it means that my in-laws still want to get together and include the outlaws, too.

I am thankful that my husband takes off once a month on the weekends, because it means my husband still can visit his mother.


I am glad that my son is grumpy with me, because it means we're still talking.
I am thankful that we
argue about his plans and job-hunting and all that, for the same reason.

I am thankful for:
  • Public libraries
  • days above freezing
  • my partner in ministry
  • Little sister and the good work she does in a field that is so esosteric I can't come close to understanding it
  • velour sweat pants
Have a blessed Thanksgiving
+

No comments: