Thursday, November 20, 2008

daily

+
At another meeting tonight I looked back at the last 7 weeks - 49 days. I have worked 27 evenings. Every one of those evenings I have not been at home for dinner. I have worked 15 of the last 28.

I have not had a complete day off - without either writing a sermon, making phone calls, responding to hospital/nursing home requests, doing a wedding, funeral, attending an educational event, writing for stewardship, e-mail responses to stuff at the office - during those 7 weeks.

Tonight we (MP & myself) were asked - not in front of everyone, but by one person - 'are you getting your time off.' and in one breath we both said no. MP has had longer days - up to 16 hours, he figures. (he starts earlier than I, but doesn't make me feel guilty.)

So tomorrow. I could write the sermon, but it is to be my DAY OFF. So the bad habit could be to write on Saturday. A good habit would be to study on Monday, think on Tuesday, write on Thursday. Well, we know how that goes.

That is one of the sub-reasons for my growing 'blues.' I'm not in control of my schedule.
+

No comments: