Wednesday, October 1, 2008

fifth week

It's a fifth week and that's a great blessing. A fifth week means that there were - not five Sundays which makes the treasurers antsy - but five Tuesdays! Five Tuesdays means I have a whole week with no meetings! Church A has committee meetings on the First Tuesday, council on the 2nd Tuesday, and Church B has council on the third Tuesday (they have meetings on the 2nd thursday)- add in Monday worship every other week. And usually on that last week.

And more blessings - confirmation is a 'service & social night' and the YDs don' need me!

The whole week at home in the evening. I don't know what to think. I estimate I work about 12 evenings out of 20 weekday possibilities in the average month. And of course, I never get home during the day with these gas prices - and it takes too long.

DH reminds me not to talk guilty. This is a normal work week for most people.

I'm making meat loaf tonight. And baked potatoes.

We are going with a realtor in our 'selling' community instead of in the working community. Hope this will draw lots of people to see and say 'this is a great house' and just right for us. I do like the guy, he's upbeat, and with 24 hours notice he did his homework to sell us, and that impressed me.

As St. Julian says: All will be well.

1 comment:

KristaBeth said...

I love fifth Tuesdays too! A night off... that is, until the church folks come up with a way to schedule a regular meeting on every 'fifth Tuesday'! (I wouldn't put it past them!

Enjoy!