Friday, October 3, 2008

day off????

Well, something of a day off. The realtor came back to take new pictures of the house, off we go again hoping to make that change. Then back to work on the sermon. Sermons have not been flowing for a few months. Off the blog I've been collecting thoughts why that may be. I'll post them as I sort through them.

I am blessed to have a spouse who does get it - gets the day in and day out issues of parish ministry - because he once was there himself. He listens to me grouse about squeezing sermon writing in between loads of laundry, and lack of leadership and mixed signals and he just shakes his head.

My dear Aquila has worst days than any of mine in the parish. As a chaplain he's been at the Big Trauma Hospital for 6 months, and has filed more trauma reports in those 6 months than were filed in the last year. (he was asked if he was a trauma magnet) And the community had another child injured in a car accident this week. Those are times he knows he really 'does ministry' but I know he lays awake. (it's much quieter).

I think sermon writing is one of the reasons I'm beginning the blog. To practice writing - not really polished writing - but writing down the bones - as part of finding and refining my voice.

His Majesty Fuzzy the Bunny zkiller is on the keyboard! oryrrrr. Purr, Purr. Me, Me. The pure unadulterated self-centerness of the cat. Priceless

No comments: