Thursday, October 9, 2008

my desk

*
I hate my desk. Or rather, I have a love-hate relationship with my desk.

My desk is large, and I've made it larger by having a small file cabinet at one side and a table at right angles to it. So I should have plenty of space. I have two 'thingees' to hold upright files. I have my computer turned so I can gaze out the window (past the run-down house with 4 cats who appear and run about on the roof!)

All that space means things have more space to get lost. From left to right in front I have - a pile of folders dealing with the three levels of confirmation I am working on this fall - a pile with Good Samaritian notes that need to be entered into the database and then filed in the safe - an open space with the blotter with the monthly calendars under the plastic - the phone and all the note pads that seem to pile up. Turn to the table and I have a little thingee with cds and cdroms and which is now holding notes for christmas 2008. then the computer and the other file thingee with active committee files.

From left to right in back I have - a pile that is stewardship materials - a pile that is things that have to go to other people or things I still have to read or do something with - a pile that is cute kids books that might make children's sermons - an upright file thingee with directories, extra note pads, wedding info, the master calendar book, and which sometimes holds my traveling sermon book for the week.

Behind me is a box that holds stuff that should be filed.

I took a good look at this because we got a call on Wednesday at 9:00 a.m. that said I was to be at the nursing home at 9:30 (but I had a 11:00 o'clock funeral). Thank God for partnered ministry - MP was able to go - grudgingly - I have his date in Nov.

I can't find that schedule anywhere in this mess. Aquila is gone this weekend - I have all morning Saturday before the wedding to do something.
*

No comments: