Monday, March 23, 2009

a little

+
A little rejoicing.
Today I made dinner on a Monday for the first time in I don't know how long. 5 weeks? more? I'm actually home for two nights Monday-Thursday this week. (by the way, we had baked lemon chicken and veggie risotto. And I may make cookies after the Eagle finishes dishes.) Several things to be grateful for - a husband who does dishes, a home to cook in, a job that takes too many hours, but does keep us in the home and pays the bills.

A little complaining.
You know, I've been leading worship for over 12 years. I don't need to be told how to do it. Especially when it's minor things - matters of no importance. Every time that happens the thought runs through my mind - is this the place I really need to be? But there is no perfect church.

A little self-realization.
I'm a nerd. An artistic nerd, but a nerd non-the-less. I like looking for artwork to create powerpoint and slide shows and wish I had a movie editing program. Mostly, I find myself content to work by myself. That is not a good thing - it's a kick-back to the introversion, too shy thing of long ago. Maybe it's a response to stress.
+

1 comment:

Jan said...

Thanks for commenting about the books you read as a young girl. At least you are an ARTISTIC nerd--I'm more of a plain nerd.