Monday, July 13, 2009

back from heaven

+
or Southwest Wisconsin, take your pick. Pretty close to the heaven I'm looking for.

Scandinavian designed tiny cottage on a hillside overlooking the rolling hills and valleys of the driftless region. Couldn't see lights or hear cars at night. I don't remember that last time that was true. Sat on the porch and read, or just stared. Cooked simple good food. Had fresh strawberries and local sweet corn at the same meal.

A few notes -
  • Aquila and I were both wounded - him from surgery, me from a fall down our outside stairs. It was okay to take care of ourselves.
  • Being out of cell phone range with lousy internet connections is a really good thing.
  • The DS was on his road trip and we were able to release him to his fate.
  • While going to the famous sights was okay, I could have skipped them - I was in such a mellow mood.
  • There are a lot of not-very-good novels out there. I had the bad luck to start two of them.
  • Serious conversations can be scary, but ours turned out all right.
  • I still have insomnia.
I did write about the question: what am I doing, what do I need to do? And I did get a little farther. But not that far. About two days of that heavy thinking is all I get in on any week, it seems.

Back to work today - will have funeral Wednesday, and I may need to run to hosp. within the hour. The usual. DS thought (misheard) that we were going to be backd on Monday, not Sunday, so he was all over the place. But he did help clean up. He only broke one door in a rage. Sigh. That is not okay.
+

No comments: