Sunday, May 2, 2010

finished finally

+
No, I'm not finished - just tired. The big 'rummage-bake-book-brat-auction' event for Haitian Earthquake relief is finished. We raised something in the thousands of dollars, full figures will arrive later in the week.

We had a great and huge crew of people working. Lots of folks gave three hours or so, and some real athletes spent days. I think I worked at least 30 hours in the last 4 days just one that, and about 10 hours on regular work. I'm just beat, but it was fun. I'm sure I'm in better shape now, with all the running from one end of the gym and inside and outside

I'm just sorry I didn't get many photos.

I preached today from notes, quite loosely, on love and aspagarus. Jesus commands love, which seems strange to us because we think of love as an emotion that cannot be forced, however Jesus was thinking of love as a deep consideration that comes from commitment between people.

When we moved here 10 years ago we were excited to find two aspargus plants, but they had been neglected. We regularly snap off the shoots, and the plants have yielded more. Aspargus takes commitment, and the more you harvest the more you get. But it takes years, and that's the kind of committed love Jesus was thinking of. Love that sticks it out for years, that knows that others laid the ground work, and believes that the more you harvest, the more love there will be.

And, to top it off, it's a beautiful, beautiful day. I hope to sleep well tonight.
+

No comments: